Nicaragua’s famous priest and poet, Ernesto Cardenal, reading to Sandinista guerrillas in the mountains. Circa 1978.
'HUNKS of Nicaragua Calendar', United Fruit Company - an activist group of radical gay men, Boston, 1986. A queer celebration of Sandinista beefcakes.
— Maya Angelou
Pothos plant - great for:
- hanging in windows (creates privacy)
- bathrooms (can tolerate the low light and high humidity)
- high windows (trailing leaves balance a high, awkwardly situated window)
- low windowsills or counter space (spots that might otherwise accumulate junk)
- high corner selves (help brighten-up a dark corner)
- your cubicle (can tolerate artificial light - look for those with solid green leaves, as opposed to variegated leaves which are less tolerant)
Pothos doing their thing.